Circus Courses & Workshops
- Circus Circuit
- This 2-hr workshop is an excellent introduction to circus for students of any age. Classes are fun and fast paced, incorporating basic skills with strength, flexibility, co-ordination and balance. Circus Circuit always includes at least one activity in the following categories: Flying Trapeze, Aerial Apparatus (like aerial ring, static trapeze, or silks) and Ground Arts (such as juggling, handstands, tumbling, hoop-dancing, poi, or acro-balance)
- Circus Makeup
- In this 3-month prorgam, you will discover the secret make-up techniques that are aloft in the alternative, mysterious world of circus. Circus make-up artistry is at the height of technicality, and this course will provides you with a make-up challenge to both improve your creativity and enhance your makeup techniques. Uncover the elements of design, color and texture at the centre of successful stage and aerial drama.
- Circus Fitness Bootcamp
- Designed in circuits, the class will have participants moving from ropes, to trapezes, to fabrics, to hoops, with floor exercises and flexibility work in between. This is perfect opportunity to learn new ways of conditioning the body. Open to all levels.
- Fly through the air…but close to the ground. No net! Acro Balance is a dynamic practice that explores trust, awareness, and play. Though working with others we find new areas of strength and flexibility. In addition to individual and partner yoga-style positions, these classes incorporate therapeutic and acrobatic flying.
- Cirque Nuts & Bolts
- You’re never too old to start learning circus. This class is designed to introduce circus activities in a fun and non-threatening environment. Participants will improve their fitness while increasing their strength, flexibility, aerial awareness, hand-eye co-ordination and confidence. Activities can include handstands, basic tumbling, acro-balance, juggling, hula-hoops and aerial training.
- Aerial Conditioning
- If you‘ve always wanted to be in the air but don’t know where to start, prepare yourself by utilizing various aerial apparatus whilst you build your confidence. This course is designed for students hoping to move into an aerial class or who want to maintain aerial strength.
- Circus-style yoga!! What do circus and yoga have in common? More then you’d think! In this course you will explore the acrobatic essence of yoga, & partner yoga as well as some aerial apparatus integration.
- Slackline & Wire Walking
- Dazzle and daze as you learn to walk across the slack-line and tight-wire. Learn different foot placements, dance and yoga moves and impressive feats such as jumps and turns as you balance on a strap or a wire as wide as a 10 cent coin.